Commentary and analysis of the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club.

October 02, 2007

UN-BE-LIEVABLE

Unbelievable! Unbelievable!! How many more times do you want me to say it? Fifty? A thousand? It doesn't matter, because it still wouldn't adequately describe what I had the fortune and pleasure of witnessing last night. Coors Field was high-voltage from the start. I felt the right field stands shake. You know how the east stands at Mile High would shake? The right field stands at CF shook. I've never experienced that before. I didn't know they could. There has to be about 48,000 people waking up this morning that don't have a voice. Mine is gone.

Last night was, without question, the most incredible game I have ever seen. Every possible ounce of drama was squeezed out of 13 innings of playoff-caliber baseball from two teams that did not want to go home for the season. The thirteenth inning alone captured the entire experience of being a fan. The lingering hope of playing another day, those hopes being dashed in a moment and the ensuing agony of potential defeat, only to have your team restore your hope and carry you to the thrill of victory.

Whatever the outcome for the Rockies from here on out, they certainly have given us memories that will have a lasting effect. This team is gaining fans by the truckload, not just in Denver or the Rocky Mountain region, but throughout the country.

I apologize if this all seems fragmented and disjointed. I have so many thoughts in my head right now it's difficult to formulate them all and put them into words. For now, let's just enjoy this. This team has given us their all. Let's return the favor.

Until next time, go Rockies!!

Labels: ,