Commentary and analysis of the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club.

June 14, 2007

Guaranteed

Interesting. Here's an exerpt from 38 Pitches, Curt Schilling's blog:

Man, the Colorado Rockies sure put a whooping on us last night. I obviously didn't have the same stuff as the last time out when I one-hit the A's. I didn't shake off Tek once last night and see what happens. So much for my superstition that I pitch better with Hunt's on my sock than Heinz. Who are these guys anyway? Holliday, Hawpe, Matsui? I remember hearing something about Todd Helton in the off-season, but these other guys I don't know anything about. As Keith Jackson would say, 'Whoa Nellie!'

One thing about Schilling, he always speaks his mind. Anyway, with the Rockies' win last night they guarantee themselves a .500 road trip. Things are looking rather encouraging. Our ERA is the lowest it's been since April 30 and the batting average the highest since May 1. The batting average over the last 10 games is .300 and five of those games have been away from CF. The last two games have been encouraging in that we now know that we can compete with the top-tier teams, on their field no less.

The Rox signed 19 of their recent draft picks. The draft file will be updated in the next day or so to reflect those signings.

Until next time, go Rockies!

Labels: ,