Commentary and analysis of the Colorado Rockies Baseball Club.

October 23, 2007

While We Wait for the Rockies to Play in the World Series, Part Four

Countless fans were left disappointed today. Supply versus demand dictated there would be some, but not quite like this. As of posting, this poll at 9News.com indicated roughly 2.6% of people who were trying to get tickets did get them. My biggest complaint isn't that I wasn't one of the few who did get tickets, but how it was handled from a PR perspective. Jay Alves needs to be fired. During his news conferences he was arrogant and rude, acting like this was all a nuisance for him and he'd rather be playing solitaire on his PC than talking to reporters who were simply doing their jobs. Here's a link at the Rockies' site if you want to send them your thoughts about the last couple of days. Here's my email I sent them:
With the magical way our season has culminated, this could have been our finest hour, yet it is our darkest. The Rockies as an organization should be downright embarrassed as to how this turned out.

If Jay Alves does indeed represent the Rockies organization, then I am sorry to say it is not the class organization I thought it was. If his arrogance and pompousness does not represent the organization, then someone should be found who does represent it properly. He needs to be fired for the way he treated reporters and fans. For the last three weeks I have been proud to say I am a supporter of the Rockies, not just for what has been accomplished on the field, but even more so for the stories that have come out about a caring and compassionate organization. Today I am not so proud, and it saddens me to have to say that. I suppose I can only hope that lessons were learned from this experience and if the Rockies are so fortunate as to find themselves in this situation again that improvements will be made. All that said, the first improvement that should be made is to find someone who has good PR skills, not someone who just has the title by their name.
Let's just hope our distaste for the Rockies front office right now doesn't bleed into our passion for the guys on the field.

Until next time, Go Rockies!

Labels: , , ,